Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stupid allergies and Stupid Microsoft installers

I have two major gripes this week. Allergies and Microsoft installer programs.

For the first time in months, I'm having serious allergy symptoms while on Flonase. The nasal spray has worked brilliantly since I started using it back in May. Now, all of a sudden, my eyes are itchy and watery, my nose has begun to drip, and I'm sneezing all the time. Frankly, I'm pissed off about it. I'm not sure which I'm more upset over... the fact that I'm having allergy symptoms or the fact that the drugs aren't working anymore. Insert lots of expletives here.

Next, I can't seem to get a friggin' Windows install to work right on my laptop. It's because it's old, 64 bit processor, and because I'm making the leap to Windows 7. There are no working drivers for the onboard video card that work with Windows 7 64 bit processor. I was barely able to get the 32 bit driver installed. My laptop is falling apart anyway. One of the hinges is broken, so the screen is hanging on by the other hinge. Some of the support screws in the middle are missing, so when I move the laptop around it freezes. Oy! All I need is another $500 and I can get a newer laptop...

No comments:

Post a Comment